Friday, September 7, 2007

Welcome to Defense Against the Dark Visual Arts

Hello you fabulous art students. We met last night, and I look forward to getting into the thick of things with you all. Sorry if the blogspot title is a little silly, but then again we all decided to go to art school, so we got to let it hang out. I am inviting all of you into this blogspot so we can talk to each other over the six days we don't have class together. Art doesn't have to be something confined to a classroom or a gallery, I think it is more like a kung fu code we live by or something. I prefer to think of my personal practice in art as that of a wizard. Sometimes I pretend that Mason Gross is Hogwarts and it makes my days much more rich. Plus I really want to be the defense against the dark visual arts professor. Please allow me this bit of fantasy. Also, if you were confused by my impromptu impersonation of Slavoj Zizek, I am including a link to YouTube of him talking. Remember: every name we come across in the readings, type into YouTube, Wikipedia, Google, whatever. This isn't going to be about memorizing, but questioning, understanding and trying to figure things out.

Check this dude out though!




It is a big world...Abraca-frickin'-dabra ya'll!

No comments: